Handstitched coaster sneak peak

So I started my Sashiko coasters from Hand stitched class. I have only completed one but I really like it.
I was a little down so I used the colours grey and yellow. That colour combo always make me think of sunshine sneaking through the clouds on a rainy day.

The pattern reminds me of chicken wire. I will have to finish the others so I can use them. I have found a use for one coaster. It sits on my bed side table (or should I say bed side filing cabinet) and I put a glass on water on it at night. I quite like it and will have to make a whole set soon.
Someone at work said we need coasters in the lab because there are coffee rings all over our desk. I thought about making these coasters for everyone but they are too pretty and I don't want people spilling coffee on my hard work. especially when I don't even drink the stuff.

Comments

  1. That's a pretty coaster! Your stitches looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Block one!

I'm finished!!!!

Needle felting