It's been a while.

I have been super busy. My life has had a few changes and I haven't had much time to do any craft let alone blog about it. Things are starting to settle down so I hope to get back into the swing of things soon.

It's been almost two months since I last blogged and this is what I have been doing.

I made this little teddy for a friend having a baby.


I even made the cord and tassel


The only problem was it was too cute and took alot of time and effort that when the time came I couldn't 'bear' to give it away. So the night before the baby shower I made a little blanket with mitered corners.

On Monday nights I go next door and do some craft with a few of the older ladies in our craft. As the youngest member I am spoilt rotten and everyone loves teaching me new techniques and organising different projects for me.

My latest project is a needle case. I know I have already made one in Handstitched class but I didn't have the heart to tell her that I have already made one when she was so excited to teach me how to make one.





It is made of wool felt and almost all sewn by hand, the only machine sewn parts are the binding and the pocket.
It's too hard to see in the photos but it is hand quilted too.
If you cant tell I am pretty proud of it.

I am still doing the quilt from Handstitched Class but I am taking my time. I hope to finish all the projects from the class eventually. So I'm just working away little by little.

My life has been hectic, tonight is my first night at home in a week and a half, I am so tired but I wouldn't change a thing. Things are a changing. You might see some changes around here too..... if I have time.

Comments

  1. That teddy is so adorable and the needlecase is so pretty! It's fun doing crafts with friends/neighbours that shares the same passion isn't it!?
    Glad you're back and look forward to seeing more of your handy work. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Block one!

I'm finished!!!!

Bringing out the big guns!