Garden Steps blocks 4 - 6

I finished blocks four, five and six and I must say I love them. I am loving the look of this quilt but I can't decide what I will do with it when it's finished. I know, I know I'm jumping the gun a bit. My Mum really likes the blocks and I am planning on making her a quilt for her 50th birthday later this year but I want to make her a lap quilt for nights on the lounge in front of the TV. I feel like lap quilts get very grotty in this house with a certain dog who loves comfort as well as general spills and dirt. I'm not sure if this quilt will be able to stand the amount of washing. I don't want to ruin all my handstitching. I am thinking of making Mum something similar but a bit more sturdy.





I have been checking out the clover and violet flickr group. I love how everyone's blocks are slightly different due to their stitching style and colour choices. It's been really fun.

I have finally fixed my blogger as it wasn't allowing me to upload photos but unfortunately my sewing machine is not working. I am hoping it will be fixed today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Block one!

I'm finished!!!!

Bringing out the big guns!