Needle felting

Towards the end of last year I started needle felting. I don't really know how I got into it or even heard of it but I would watch videos on youtube. I found the sound so soothing and it would actually help me sleep which is a big issue for me.
I made a few small items from kits but over easter I decided to make my own something without a pattern or instructions.
I saw on pinterest someone had made a belted Galloway (a type of cow) and it was so cute.
I used to own a few Galloways without the belts. My favourite one Moony was beautiful she was black and had long curly hair, I would brush her and walk them around and take them to shows. She was too small and would never win but I still always led her in shows and gave Muffin to other people even though she was a natural winner.
When she had her first calf I got to the paddock in the morning and she was standing next to him, she saw me and started mooing, It wasn't until I got to them that she walked away from her sleeping baby and went to get a drink and have some food. I couldn't believe she trusted me to look after him.
So long story short I was inspired to make a needle felted Galloway for Moony.
I started with a red wool core and then covered it in black wool as Moony had red undertones, I also gave her short stumpy legs just for cuteness. She sort of looked like a guinea pig
All about the ass


I think its pretty cute and Im happy with the overall shape I haven't finished the face yet because I am waiting for some eyes to arrive. So once I have stuck them in I will shape the face a little more.

Comments

  1. What a lovely story about Mooney. She sounds so lovely!! Your felted Galloway is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, you are too kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, you are too kind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Block one!

I'm finished!!!!

Bringing out the big guns!